lumberjack

7.07.2013

unfiltered beauty

My in-laws were going to come up this past week, but ended up bailing. So, my parents made a last minute trip up, and we spent 2.5 awesome days exploring. Friday we spent the day at Olympic National Park, including the Hoh Rainforest. If green wasn't already my favorite color, I would've been converted. 

Saturday we spent the day with my brother and sister-in-law who also came up for the holiday. Her brother lives in Kirkland, and they visit him frequently. He took us out on Lake Washington and Lake Union in his boat to see parts of the city we would never get to experience otherwise. It was such an unexpected and wonderful day. 

So many pictures to choose from, and so much indescribable beauty. I wish I could take everyone I know to these places. 

from top left to bottom right (no filters, special effects, editing, etc!!):
lookout point on the way to Hurricane Ridge (see the ocean back there?) // greeeeeeeen // he fits! // bridge to Marymere // more massive trees // Hurricane Ridge overlooks both the US and Canada // Marymere Falls// yet another picturesque bridge // sunlit forest

I'm so grateful to my parents who showed such support and love by coming to spend time with us. Having them up here was the best of all worlds-- I got to be surrounded by family in some of the most stunning places on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment