lumberjack

5.28.2013

a memorable Memorial

Jordan and I got to escape with a couple of my coworkers and their kids up to majestic Yellowstone. I don't think either of us have ever experienced such an eventful vacation!

As we were getting ready to leave, both Connor and my coworker Rachel called with car troubles. Jordan, as usual, rescued the day on both fronts. After helping Connor for a few hours, he changed out Rachel's alternator and we got on the road at midnight. Luckily, we got to catch a few ZZZ's in Pocatello before continuing our trip Saturday morning. 

There were so many highlights and memories made during the trip. 


Saturday:


- Hebgen Lake

- more car troubles . . . Rachel discovered a nail in her tire
- touring Rachel's family's property, and meeting a small fraction of her humongous, and incredibly kind family
- arriving first at the scene after a terrible accident (and a dead Bison . . . and then being stranded on the side of the road, outside the car, as the herd came to mourn their loss/almost kill the humans responsible)
- Coyote

Sunday:

- spending the whole day in the park

- Bear sightings! (a Black and Grizzly)
- watching a herd of Bison run away from said bears, start fighting, and nearly gore a fisherman to death before he whipped them away with his fishing pole
- super cool Coyote sighting; He showed off for the tourists for quite a few minutes before retreating back to the woods
- double rainbows
- gorgeous Yellowstone Lake
- so many waterfalls

Monday: 


- shopping in West Yellowstone

- seeing Jordan's grandparent's old cabin at Mack's Inn
- Big Springs (probably one of the most stunningly beautiful places I've ever seen)
- Lisa and Hunter joining Jordan and me for the ride home, and laughing the whole time

I am so lucky to have been placed at an office with people I truly adore. Perhaps it's the work we're all doing that has driven us together . . . some sort of trauma bond or something, but whatever the reason, I feel the friendships I've made with them have been some of the best in my life. Leaving them is going to be one of the hardest parts about moving away. They've been family to me. I'm so grateful to have had the chance to spend this time with them.



From top left to bottom right:
Gibbon Falls // Big Springs // Old Faithful //
The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone //
a different area of Big Springs (I'm telling you . . . I'm obsessed) // skipping rocks at Hebgen Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment